October 3, 2011

Picture Perfect

Happy Monday!
I hope everyone had a great weekend. Matt and I managed to run some errands 
{scored some much needed new pillows for our bedroom}, 
find a great ceviche restaurant, spend a night out on the town, and even get some sun. 
Oh yes, we also completed another project in el apartamento. 
Kinda.
My heart has been set on creating some sort of photo gallery wall for a while now. 
Thanks to Pinterest I had all sorts of inspiration. 
Here are a few of my favs:
frameblue
framehallway
framerandom
framewhite

Hold up.
My photo gallery wall doesn't quite look like these. This is inspiration
1)We do things a little more simple in Colombia
2) Frames are hard to come by. What I have available isn't anywhere 
near the fabulous selection found in the above pics.
Last week I told you Matt "McGuyver'ed' a plan to hang the frames. 
While we gave it the good ole' college try, it didn't pan out. 
So we went traditional. 
Nails. Hammer.
Before we started putting holes in our nice white walls I made a cheat sheet for the frames.
DSC_0005
I figured out the layout for the frames and traced them onto a large piece of paper.
{You might notice this is yellow legal pad paper. 
This was all I had. I also did not have tape. Therefore, I hot glued the legal pad paper together. 
Very resourceful, if you ask me}
I measured the back of the frame to determine where the nail would need to go in order for the frame to hang, made a visible dot and taped it to the wall
{Obviously some tape came into the picture at this point}
Then Matt began to hammer away.
DSC_0006
We have no idea what these walls are made of, but they are crap.

This is what it looks like finished.
DSC_0008
You may notice that there are no frames. 
While we hung each frame to ensure we liked the look, there is not one with a real photo in it. 
I forgot to get a shot in the midst of their quick premiere.
However, you do get to see Bella. 
I like her there. A lot. 
She is so much more noticeable here on the wall. 
Especially when she is all by herself. 
This project will likely not be finished until we return from our upcoming travels to Iowa & Tennessee. We have a lot of loved ones to see and take pictures of before this wall can truly be picture perfect.


No comments :

Post a Comment