October 30, 2011

Sunday

I know I need to finish our Americana blog posts, but I've been quite distracted by this:

DSC_0001
The new Steve Jobs book.
Can't keep my nose out of it. It is a wonderfully honest look at this brilliant man {with many character flaws} and how he changed our world. He surely changed mine. I can't imagine life without my ipad and what did we do before itunes. Speaking of ipad, this is the first non e-book I've read in nearly a year. Steve and I are 60 pages away from saying goodbye. And as much as I can't get enough of the book, I don't want it to end. I love reading a book that you can't manage to put down. Or one that speaks to you in a special way. When you have both, it's readers heaven.

Matt and I may have continued our tradition of pumpkin carving, but we did not have any Halloween candy to hand out nor did we dress in any fun costumes. This could have been due to the law that was enforced this weekend. Apparently, today was the day to vote for the new mayor of Cartagena and in order to ensure that people of sound mind were voting, they eliminated the purchase of alcohol from 6:00 pm Friday evening to 6:00 am Monday morning. That's right. Liquor stores: Closed. Restaurants: Can't serve any alcohol. Bars: Closed. Grocery Stores: All alcohol was taped off. Last night, Matt and I went and picked up a pizza to bring home so we could enjoy some cervesa. While walking the streets, I have never heard Cartagena so quiet... It created kind of a spooky feel for Halloween.

Sunday's have definitely become the day that most closely represents our previous life. We eat a yummy breakfast/brunch, Matt watches football, and Sarah lounges {I spent time with Steve}. Today was rainy and overcast, even creating a sense of fall. So, I tried a new recipe that seemed fall like.
1150301_Fixan 0610 1
Corn & Zucchini Queso Chowder
Yum.
It was a pretty perfect Sunday. But, it would have been more perfect if she was here.
DSC_0390

No comments :

Post a Comment