August 5, 2011

mi vida

I guess you could say that we are starting to truly get settled in our home of Cartagena, Colombia.
 Our days have become a bit routine, 
which is something that we haven't seen in a long time... 
Peeps we've lived in a hotel for 2 months. 
I thought I would share some of the things that have kept me busy this week.
{I'm not trying to exclude my better half from this post, but his busy keeping consists of working hard.}

Work it out
I truly think sweating has helped me from going loco. I have a workout class every weekday except for Tuesdays and leave some sweat at the apartment gym floor from time to time {2 words: no air conditioning... that's three.} Besides the physical benefits, serotonin and dopamine have to be good for my mental health. And let's be honest, the excuse of 'but I don't have time for the gym' just won't fly anymore.

Education
I've always referred to myself as a life-long learner and I suppose I could throw Spanish lessons into that category. I'm still attending class three times a week and I can see an improvement. This week I went to the mall to run some errands and had the most interesting conversation with a cab driver {it ended with him asking for my cell phone number... don't fret. I said no. It's the same word in English & Spanish, so there was no issues with translation}. I also have homework to do through the week...
DSC_0009

Home Improvement
I've accepted the fact that 12D will never be 885 East Drive and with that I've adopted a very 'experimental' idea of decorating. A lot of DIY projects. I completely finished our living room color pop canvas project this week.
DSC_0001
DSC_0006
DSC_0002
{if you don't see it, I will point it out for you. The bottom row brown canvas is not correctly alligned. The nail fell out and I didn't place it as correctly as my hubs did, so I guess 'techincally' I can't cross it off the list until the placement is done}
This is also a new addition to the living room.
DSC_0004
Loves. They make me very happy. And these definitely would not have worked at 885 East Drive. 
Shopping is also an activity I enjoy, but I doubt it needs to be pointed out.

Last week on YHL they had a little Pinterest Challenge
I decided to join and find a pin that I would like to DIY.
This is my next project:
Picture 3
Mine will not be a coaster, but a... wait for it.... canvas. And it will have an M.

Happy Weekend.
xo

No comments :

Post a Comment