August 15, 2011

holiday|celebrate

If we took a holiday
Took some time to celebrate
Just one day out of life
It would be
It would be so nice

We celebrated another holiday here in Cartagena.
And Sr. McQueen got to celebrate it too.
{totally aware I just spelled our last name wrong... The [i] sound is a long [e] here so often Matt is called Sr. McQueen}
{It's kinda fun}
Matt had a real weekend. Like 2 whole days. The first since we've been here.
And it was so nice.
We spent a lot of time hanging out.
at home. the pool.
It was a perfect weekend for us to lounge together
because I am preparing to
step on American soil soon!

Before I move on to some random pictures

I have to brag.

I know my husband is super smart.
And really good at what he does.
But it's really nice when someone else notices it too.

Saturday night we went to an event held by a contractor on the job that Matt works closely with
Someone stopped by to tell me what a
treasure
Matt is.
{Charlie & Betty, are you beaming? You should be!}
calicrossprocess
They spoke about his
work ethic & knowledge
his attitude
and personality.
I know he is a priceless treasure,
but I'm glad Colombia knows it now too.


Now for some random pictures.
The Old City is a beautiful touristy part of town.
I can wonder around aimlessly there.
{literal}
I love the colors, the history, the sights
not so much the smells.
Last week after lunch a few of the girls just walked around
taking pictures like a bunch of tourists.
Forewarning: I am sorta obsessed with the doors in la Ciudad Antigua.

door
door2
oldcity
oldcity2
oldcity3
oc4
oc5
oc8
oc9
oc10
oc11
oc13
oc14
oc7

No comments :

Post a Comment