August 8, 2011

i like to be in america

We had an American weekend... pretty much as American as you can in Colombia. But it started out on a Latin American foot. Friday night we headed to the bar across the street to watch the Under 21 World Cup {soccer}. Colombia was playing and it drew quite the crowd. Due to our Colombian choices Friday night, our American weekend began Saturday morning. I received an email from Mr. McQuinn, Saturday morning stating his intention to crawl into bed after his work day was through.  I figured I would just wait for him. We had a very leisurely relaxing afternoon.
Somewhere in the midst of all that relaxation I managed to cross another canvas project off my to-do list.
projectm
projectm2
It's home is in our master bathroom. It certainly has a hand-painted feel, but that adds character {right?}
After we lounged our day away we had to do some serious work to do... what's for dinner? After a lot of discussion, we decided it was time.
Time for McDonalds.
And...
It.Was.Good.
Our Sunday continued the theme and after Matt's haircut at the mall we ate Subway
{Yum. We lived off Subway the months of January|February, so the fact that we can still eat it, in Colombia, must mean we like it. And for all you Jimmy John's luvahs out there... I haven't lived in the proximity of a Jimmy John's since college dramatization.}
We enjoyed our Subway {& Doritos...whoot whoot} while waiting for our movie. Matt and I went and saw 'Horrible Bosses' which is known here as:
'Quiero Matar a Mi Jefe' - I Want to Murder My Boss
Subtle.
After a good laugh we perused the athletic shoe stores, {Matt's developing a 'thing' for vividly colored Nikes. And I am totally okay with it} the married couple weekend must do: the Colombian version of 'Lowes' and a few other stops.
The most exciting purchase {besides Matt's Nikes} was some necessities for the living room.
lroomupdate
Can you spy them?
We got some pillows that you can actually lay your head on and a tray that I've been searching for to transform that ottoman into more of a 'coffee table' ottoman.
It's beginning to feel a lot more like a home...
... which brings me back to America...
{As the song 'America' from West Side Story plays in my head, 
my American countdown is officially on....12 days: I will be in America}

No comments :

Post a Comment