July 15, 2011

azar|random

Azar is random in Spanish {at least Google Translate says it is}....
Consider yourself warned... this is going to be one random post
{which was technically meant to go up yesterday, 
but due to storms we were internetless for the last 36+ hours,
 so in that time, it's safe to say the post became more random}

cloudsonhorizon
The downside of the rain is that it messed with my Internet.  This ama de casa doesn't like her internet messed with. However, the rain brought on one of the most pleasantly cool days I have had in Cartagena, as well as another day of pretty scenery. 
cloudsonhorizon2

You may remember this post about my DIY living room artwork. Well, I've decided to move on to another project. After speaking with my design consultant {aka my mom}, I took some more inspiration from Young House Love and am moving towards this
Picture 1
I like the pop of color and in this white space some 'colorpops' are just what we need.  I hit up the art supply/electronic store this week and stocked up on all the 40cmx40cm canvas they had to offer.
At this point I have 6. I want 8. Hoping in a week they will have restocked with some new inventory... but who knows.
In the spirit of YHL(young house love), I created a 'mood board' to help me with my color inspiration for the canvas {based on the colors found in our ottoman provided by apartamento owner}
Drumroll please....
Slide1
Ta-Da. My first mood board. Not gonna lie, it was fun searching images for just the right color. I came up with a coral,sage,eggplant,chocolate combo. I haven't began Project Colorpop yet. Matt has to work Sunday so I thought it may be a good weekend project.
An update to follow, unless it turns out horrendous, in which case I will pretend this post never happened. 

We all know Sarah likes her television. While many things have changed, my television watching habits {which you can read about here} are not one of them. On the English channels, they don't show near as many commercials as they do in the US. Take 'E' for example, you all know the ratio of Kardashians to commercials borders on ridiculous. In Colombia, I get a whole lotta Kardashian without as many lengthy interruptions. However, when the 21 minute 47 second reality show is over they still have nearly 9 minutes of time to fill up. 
Their solution: Music videos
This one is on a lot....

....which I find extremely annoying. I don't get it. And Javier Bardem's appearance makes it all the more random {kinda like this post.}

Not done with the television topic.

By definition, I guess I am a 'Gleek'. I DVR episodes of Glee and have been known to download a great mashup off i-tunes. So, when I found The Glee Project, a reality competition show whose winner gets to be a cast member on Glee I hit the 'Record Series' button. Last night, my choice competitor was up for elimination and had to perform a fav Elton John song to prove his worth....
Isn't he adorbs? Okay, so I may have a totally appropriate 'tvcrush' on him and would love to see him weekly on Glee...
Yep, I'm a Gleek.

Yesterday I stocked up on these at the grocery store...
dasani
Dasani flavored waters. Delish & the answer to my agua drinking habits.

After celebrating 10 years beyond high school many of our friends are beginning to move to the next phase... starting a family. Two of our very dear friends welcomed some precious bundles of joy into their families recently.
Trevyn Allen & Ellie Grace made their grand entrances into this big beautiful world this week. They are both the most darling babes and blessed to have such amazing parents. We are so excited to meet them! {in a few months} 

Five weeks from tomorrow, I embark on my American Adventure...
{excited}
and in six weeks I get to see these beautiful faces
mygals
These chickadees are meeting me in TN for a weekend of Southern Comfort. 
I am beyond excited. 
Ecstatic.
Or any other word that qualifies as beyond excited.

Well now, if you are still with me and somehow navigated through this randomness, I saved the most random for last. The other day when I was taking pictures of the clouds I took a shot of the beach. When I uploaded the pictures, I noticed that something was written in the sand.
grass
Que viva pasto carajo
According to Google Translate...
Grass Living Hell

That's pretty random.

No comments :

Post a Comment