July 13, 2011

I'm just being honest

This is a blog about our South American adventure, 
a way for us to document all the excitement and experiences. 
But is also serves as a place to share the parts of daily life that happen in between 
all that adventure. 
Someday we can look back on this and remember the 
big & small details of our Colombian adventure.
So, I have a confession:
Sometimes I feel a little homesick.
Mostly it comes in small waves.
 {that being said it seems hard to be 'homesick' when you don't technically have a home...}
I miss familiarity the most.
Websters defines homesick as 'longing for home and family while absent from them'
That qualifies as well.
Now, please don't misunderstand. 
I am not attempting to gather self-pity or complain about my adventure. 
I recognize how absolutely lucky I am to have the opportunity to move to a country 
with a rich culture and explore it with my husband. 
But, sometimes my Bella, our family & friends, and some GMA would feel really nice. 
When this feeling comes along I find something to make me happy. 
Maybe its speaking on the phone, reading a good book, 
exploring this new land, or watching a funny movie.
Sometimes it's as simple as this.
flowers2
Buying some flowers to brighten up my 'home'...


*** For those of you who aren't familiar, GMA: Good Morning America. I used to wake up and enjoy coffee with Robin, George, & Sam. I miss them too. 

No comments :

Post a Comment