July 29, 2011

design

happy friday friends.
My eight 40x40 canvas artwork inspired by Young House Love with the goal of adding a little color to our living room is complete. well, sorta.
40x40
livingroom
My 'sorta' comes from the brown. It's most definitely working with a greenish hue, that is more visible in the daylight. This greenish hue comes from the fact that I 'literally' spent hours trying to mix the perfect brown. It sounds ridiculous as I type it and even more ridiculous that I didn't come up with the perfect brown. But in full disclosure, I became frustrated, wanted to project done, and chose to deal with my less than perfect brown. That is, until I hit up the art/electronics store and find the perfect brown in a bottle. The only mixing I'll be doing for a while is drinks.

This week I downloaded the August issue of Elle magazine. It's been a while since I enjoyed the pages of a fashion magazine. While I've seen fashion magazines here, they are obviously in Spanish and as much as I die for the pictures, I really do read the articles. Swear. Sidetrack.
Back to the magazine. I nearly drooled gawking at images like this
fallelle
I was gutted when it hit me... I don't need an ounce of fall gear. No fall shopping para mi.  It was one thing living in Texas where I could get away with a sweater and some boots, but Cartagena. Not happening. 

So my northerner friends,
enjoy your fall 'back to school' shopping and know that you have one jelly {jealous} South American friend.

No comments :

Post a Comment