May 1, 2013

nursery update... again

We've been busy crossing nursery projects off the list and we're getting close. 
{Let's be honest, my mom's been busy crossing projects off the list, I am simply an assistant in the actual execution}
Here's a few updates of our latest nursery additions.

We've got a crib.  My parents asked if they could purchase little George's crib as a gift, so my mom and I have been looking online for some time and spent the past few weeks exploring the local baby stores, both big and small. There's been a lot of pictures taken and sent to Matt to get his daddy two cents. After a lot of looking and narrowing down, we found the one at a local store here in Knoxville.
cribnursery
After it's arrival, the room has a nursery feel.
I love it. 

Curtains are sewn and up.
nurserycurtains
My parents bought this dalmatian rocker. His name is Lucky. Besides rocking, Lucky barks and shakes his tail when you press his ear. As of right now, Bella is still under the impression that Lucky is a life sized toy for her. I see the potential for a theme here... Bella believing all the toys in the house, baby or dog, are for her. 

We also finished the dresser, which will also work at the changing table. After sanding, we took out the middle drawers and made a space for baskets, painted it blue, and added some mercury glass knobs.
nurserydresser

So that's how we've been spending our week nights around here. The last big project is the rocking chair which is almost finished. 
Then the fun really begins... the details... art, bedding, decor.
Can't wait...
although it's times like this that I think knowing Baby M's gender would be really convenient. 

1 comment :

  1. It's beautiful. I love seeing the progress :)

    ReplyDelete