May 15, 2013

let's play catch up...

The past week has been a busy one...

**Matt's Birthday**
Although he had to work on his special day and didn't have any candles to blow out, I was happy to see Matt still got to celebrate. His desk was decorated and he was surprised with an impromptu construction site birthday party.
IMG-20130504-WA0054
IMG-20130504-WA0053
One of the sub-contractors on site gave him a very kind gift to celebrate 31, a weekend trip to Decameron Resort.  We've already looked at the calendar and have a baby moon on the books for the end of June.  I wasn't sure we would be able to fit in a baby moon with our schedule, so I am thrilled about the opportunity to spend some quality time together in the sun.
However this Decameron trip is bound to be a bit different than the last.

**A visit from Kathleen**
She finally made it.
kathleenmay
Barely.
On Thursday morning, Kathleen's evening flight was cancelled.  She was able to get on another flight scheduled for that evening. That flight was delayed four times.  She finally boarded the flight and then had to de-board, since her pilot reached his max amount of time in the cockpit.  They called for another pilot while she waited and I nearly gave up.  But thankfully, another pilot was found and Kathleen breathed a sigh of relief when she was at a cruising altitude.
We had a lovely weekend together full of laughter, food, heart to hearts, and down time together.  It looked a lot different than our typical weekend together, especially since we took a barre class on Friday morning, but I think we both welcomed a change of pace.
kathweekend
The weather in Tennessee has been cooperating just as well as the rest of the country. We had rain and some chillier temps, but also managed to find some sun and lay out for a bit.
I am so thankful for her visit and loved every moment of it.
And lucky me, I get to see her again, very soon, in just a few short weeks when Matt and I travel to Chicago.

**Mother's Day**
We had a lovely Mother's Day celebrating all the special women who have a special place in my life. We started at the lake and then celebrated with a lunch out together.
family
Matt surprised both my mother and I with flowers and I also received a charm for my Pandora bracelet of a baby carriage, from my mother, to remember this special time as an expectant mother.
photo 1

**Music**
On Monday afternoon, my siblings and I packed up the car with my Uncle and headed to Ashville, North Carolina to see singer/songwriter Josh Ritter.
concert
Tyler and Aly made it a special evening for baby McQuinn and purchased a onesie to commemerate his/her first show.
onesieJR
We enjoyed the show, although it is a bit different attending a concert as a pregnant person.
But I better get used to it. I've got a few more shows on the line up, including the Avett Brothers with Ty-Guy tomorrow night and a show when Matt is in town.
This little babe is going to have quite an eclectic taste of music from the get go.
Especially considering the musica those little ears hear on a daily basis in Cartagena.




No comments :

Post a Comment