May 3, 2013

five things

{1}
Last night I attended a Big Reds & Bourbons dinner at Ruth's Chris with my parents and uncle.  It was a five course meal paired with selected red wines and bourbon.  My role was to fully appreciate the culinary experience and drive my family home safely. Although the reds would have perfectly complemented each course, the food was enough to keep me happy.

Bacon Wrapped Scallops with Orange-Ginger Beurre Blanc
Festival of couscous, roasted red pepper coulis
Bulleit Mint Julep

Spring Mix, Roasted Pear & Bleu Cheese Salad
Spiced pecans, balsamic vinaigrette
Sterling Vineyards Pinot Noir, Corneros

Pan Roasted Salmon
Horseradish whole grain mustard sauce, bacon onion jam
Bulleit Rye
Southern BBQ Mixed Grill
Filet Mignon with bacon BBQ butter,
New Orleans Barbecue Shrimp,
Peach Glazed Stuffed Chicken Breast
Southwestern Mac N Cheese
BV BeauRouge Red Blend, Napa Valley

S'mores Cheesecake
Toasted marshmallow, chocolate graham cracker crisps
Bulleit 10 year, small batch bourbon

photo 3

** I forgot to take a pictures of dessert before I dug in...


{2}
My mother finished upholstering the rocking chair for the nursery. Of course I don't have a before picture, but it was an older chair, purchased from an estate sale on Craigslist. {I believe the owner had Alzheimer's and was being moved out of her home. As my father walked out with the chair she stopped him to tell him how lovely the chair was and that he would enjoy it as she had one just like it. Bless her heart.}  The wood was stained ebony and recovered with grey fabric and navy blue trim.  The other night I took a moment to rock a bit and think about excited I am to welcome this little darling.
photo 2
photo 1

{3}
I received the following in an email from Matt. The gentleman in the red hat also happens to be our doorman.



Adore.

{4}
I had another doctors appointment this morning. Everything is going well and I got to hear out little active bundle's heart race again. I was able to schedule the next appointment around Matt's arrival, which includes an ultrasound. We can't wait to see how much our little darling has grown!
When the doctor entered the room she said, "They told me you are from Colombia, South America, but it must be South Carolina. That can't be right."
Yeah.
We get that a lot.

{5}
During our visit, the doctor discussed birthing classes and suggested that I begin looking into them as they prefer for classes to be completed by 8 months. When I returned from the appointment I looked at the class schedule and realized with Matt's visit and our upcoming travel dates, it was going to be difficult to fit the classes in. There just happened to be a Saturday class that begins tomorrow. I assumed it would be booked by now, but no.  My mother and I are spending our Saturday at a birthing class.
When I spoke to the woman about class details she told me to bring pillows.
That stresses me out.

No comments :

Post a Comment