May 6, 2013

19 weeks

week19

Matt's birthday was yesterday. This is the second year in a row we were seperated for 'cinco de mayo'.  He's not near as obsessed with birthdays as I am, so he took it pretty well, especially since he worked on his Sunday birthday.  He had a small gift to open that I left in Colombia and we plan to celebrate the right way when he arrives in the US in less than 3 weeks.
Even though we couldn't be together we did share a special day yesterday.  At my doctor appointment on Friday, the nurse asked me if I have felt the baby move.  While there have been times that I thought I felt a rumble or what might be our little darling, I couldn't say with confidence that is what it was. I couldn't convince myself it wasn't lunch.
But the past few days I began to feel more, what I thought more confidently was George. Last night, while watching a movie I placed my hand on my stomach when this movement happened and within moments I felt a kick, right into my hand.
Amazing.
I was happy to share with Matt that I confirmed a kick and he was thrilled it was his birthday.

This little peanut isn't even here yet, and he or she is already giving us amazing gifts.

Thank you little one.

No comments :

Post a Comment