February 22, 2013

five things

{1}
This week we sent our passports off to Bogota to get our visas renewed.
This is our third Colombian visa.
The '3' in this seems significant, since there was only supposed to be 2 visas for this 2 year project.
If I was a betting woman, I would bet this isn't my last Colombian visa either.

{2}
Yesterday I got in a cab that had a large pot of fish in the back. I rubbed hand sanitizer on my hands the entire ride, hoping to fend off any fish germs, but more so desiring to ward off the smell of fish from seeping into my pores.

{3}
Colombians can't quite wrap their accents around our last name. It doesn't work for them, so instead of McQuinn, it's McQueen.
I rather like being referred to as a Queen.

{4}
This week I traveled to Baranquilla with Alice and baby Archie for an outing at PriceSmart . It was nice to travel during the week and not fight the weekend Colombian crowd. Plus there was plenty of cheese available.
photo

{5}
I scored a few surprise items.
Kashi Cereal... not my favorite type of Kashi cereal, but I am not complaining,
Fruit Roll Ups for Matt,
and
a variety box of animal crackers; regular, frosted, and iced.
DSC_0004
A nice little reminder of life with after school snacks.

No comments :

Post a Comment