February 17, 2013

five things

{1} My five things is late this week. We're deep in the heart of Cartagena routine, no holidays or vacations on the horizon. Which makes us that more excited for our upcoming R&R dates.

{2} This week I finished one of my embroidery projects.
An apron...
DSC_0022
how fitting for an ama de casa.

{3} When one has a new apron, one must bake.
DSC_0014
I found a delish Banana Bread Recipe.
My mom sent some of the best cinnamon back with me, which was perfect for the yummy center cinnamon swirl.
DSC_0025

{4} This morning I accidentally washed the DirecTV remote with the sheets. Some of the buttons are working, but I am really hoping the others come around as I don't foresee it being an easy task to replace a remote here.

{5} Last week I got a call from a random number on my cell. After answering, listening to some Spanish {it's really hard to communicate in Spanish over the phone} I explained that I didn't understand and the conversation was over. This number proceeded to call me for the rest of the week. I didn't answer as I didn't feel like replaying the "No entiendo" game over and over again. Finally, this random number sent me a text through WhatsApp {a messaging app} about contacting me about the roll of photos that were taken. The message ended with besos/kisses. Obviously, I knew nothing about a roll of film. I responded, in English, "You have the wrong number."
Haven't heard from random since.


No comments :

Post a Comment