June 7, 2017

rest time

Our big girl may be nearing the end of naps.
It changes from day to day,
but the inconsistencies make me wonder if
the days of two girls napping,
while i drink coffee,
fold laundry,
and catch up on 'Housewives' is over.
{also, this doesn't happen often...}

So today, after reading books and locating Lola for rest time,
it took her a whole 18 minutes to come downstairs to announce
"Rest time is over."

As I continued to fold laundry,
in silence,
no Housewives today,
I heard Lauren make her way over to the dresser and begin to play with my jewelry.
DSC_0004
Words like
pretty,
special,
beautiful,
adorable,
and fancy
were used as she took out each piece to admire and share with me.
DSC_0011
DSC_0024

I would be lying if I said I was looking forward to the end of nap time,
but if it means I get to sneak in a few more special moments with this girl,
DSC_0073
I guess I can binge watch 'Housewives' after bedtime.


No comments :

Post a Comment