June 19, 2017

Father's Day

I wish I would have thought to take a picture of our special breakfast made just for daddy,
or
thought to bring my camera with me on our walk around the lake where Matt and Lauren stopped to look for fish.

Getting an action shot of Lauren as she jumped off the diving board to where Matt waited for her in the pool below would have been perfect.
So would a shot of him and Caroline sitting on the couch together - Dad watching golf, Caroline eating veggie sticks.

But I didn't.
I saw each of those sweet moment and filed them away in my heart as proof of what a wonderful father he is to our girls.
I feel so fortunate that I have examples like these that get filed away, everyday.

But I did manage to get one picture today.
While it wasn't the perfect father's day themed shot,
it sums up Caroline's thoughts about celebrating Dad with some strawberry shortcake for dessert.
18:365

No comments :

Post a Comment