June 1, 2017

June 1

Hi there.
The few of you that still stop by probably thought this was a monthly Caroline update
because mom guilt gets the best of me and I can't stop posting those.

You're mostly right.

Being a mom of two has kept me busier than I anticipated
and many of the little things I found time for before
aren't happening so often right now.

But I do enjoy this little blog.
Mostly in a selfish way.
Because it provides a little place where I can keep pictures, words, and memories.
It checks a box on that mom guilt list.

It also makes me think about how to string a proper sentence together,
when I've spent the day babbling with a baby and arguing with a three-nager.

It makes me use that big camera
instead of my phone.

And that big camera makes me happy.
I still have so much to learn about it,
but sometimes when I am able to capture a moment
that so perfectly sums up who these little ladies are
right now,
it makes my mama heart smile.

So in honor of that,
and making those grandparent hearts happy, 
since they may be the only ones reading this
I'm going to try something a little bit different.

In the spirit of helping me to take more pictures on the big camera
and share them here, with you,
I'm going to attempt another 365 day photo challenge.
I say attempt because let's be honest,
there is no way it will happen everyday.

We are in a chaotic season of life,
but I feel like that's all the more reason to try and slow down to capture a bit of it.

My goal is to share a daily picture here.
It may be daily,
and then there may be a blast of 5-12 photos to make up for my absence.

The bottom line is there will be more photos,
which is what you are really here for Mom & Dad,
and when the mood strikes,
maybe even an actual blog post!

Since this idea came to me after dinner around 7 pm,
here is Day 1.

1:365



No comments :

Post a Comment