May 29, 2014

Lauren & Grace

When Kathleen and I realized that we were pregnant at the same time, visions of life long play dates danced in our heads.
Kathleen and Matt discovered they were having a baby girl a couple months before my due date.
 When 'George' was finally introduced as our Lauren, we knew we had a couple of 'BFF's' to raise.

IMG_3659

I hated not being able to visit Kathleen in the hospital or stop by the Schroeder family home to introduce myself to Miss Gracie,
{read: torture} 
so we were thrilled when Matt and Kath decided to be our first official Texas visitors.

IMG_3661

Kathleen and I FaceTime a good amount, so in ways I felt like I had spent hours with Gracie,
but oh,
that feeling of holding her for the first time.
The best.

IMG_3663
IMG_3672

We found ourselves talking about how in a few years we will think of the girls as the same age.
They are only four months apart, but with Lauren mobile and Gracie staying sweetly in one spot, cooing and smiling, they seem like a baby and a big girl.

IMG_3703

We had a pretty quiet weekend with some pool time and even enjoyed a few meals out.

IMG_3662

Conversation included a lot of life with baby talk,
{umm... can I just mention how great it is to be on this new mom journey with a bestie}
but there were lingerings of our pre-parent selves mixed in.

IMG_3665

We had a wonderful time.
Matt and I enjoyed every second and were so happy the Schroeder Family braved Gracie's first flight to come visit!
she did awesome by the way

IMG_0192

I can't wait to see them again in just a few short weeks and continue to watch our girls grow together for years to come.

IMG_0185

And with Kathleen as a mom and Matt as a dad, Gracie is sure to grow up to be one sweet, smart, kind, and beautiful little girl.

IMG_0174

Lauren is pretty lucky to call her a friend...

...and I feel pretty lucky to call Gracie's mommy my friend too.




No comments :

Post a Comment