May 30, 2014

five things

{1}
Our little girl is just that, a little girl.
She is reaching milestones by the day and leaving behind little bits of infant-ness by the moment.*
The other morning I walked in and this is what I saw:
IMG_2128

And I immediately reached for my camera,
which is still at the camera doctor.
Oh, how I miss her so.

*
Don't worry, we are savoring the infant-ness moments we have left.
They were right. 
This all goes too fast.

{2}
I still haven't quite figured out blogging balanced with motherhood.
Since we use this blog as our family scrapbook, there are several things I realized I haven't blogged about that I want to remember.
For example...
My first Mother's Day
IMG_3511
Matt surprised me with a spa day.
I left the house Saturday morning at 8:30 am, for my 9:00 am 60 minute massage and didn't return until 3:00 PM.
There was also a facial, mani/pedi, and a blow out.
A full day of pampering and since the last pedicure I had was the week of Lauren's birth, it was time.
I loved coming home to see Matt and Lauren, who had worn one another out, and listen to them tell me all about their day together.
Well, Matt told me.
I would have loved to hear Lauren's version.
On Sunday, we went downtown for brunch and Matt & Lauren gifted me with a special charm for my bracelet.
IMG_3549
It was a nice little weekend, full of love for this beautiful little girl who has completely changed our lives.
But I couldn't help but thinking about the mothers in my life and how my love and amazement grows for them each day I experience motherhood.

All that I am, or hope to be, I owe to my angel mother - Abraham Lincoln

{3}
The other purpose of blogging is to keep our family and friends updated on our life and we have quite the update.
We sold our house in Tennessee...
to some really sweet buyers.
IMG_0343
A long story short, my parents sold their house and have been in search of something for a little while now. Not finding what they were looking for and running out of time, they came to us with an idea. While I was a little worried they were just being really kind, having a nice, new, temporary home works for them right now and it allows us to make Texas a permanent home.
I am looking forward to seeing them make this house a home
{since we never did and they are really good at it!}
and as of last Friday, we officially stopped referring to it as Matt & Sarah's house.

{4}
For Christmas Lauren received two Disney Princess castles, one that involves horses that klip-klap through the stable and the other where each Disney Princess announces herself and sings a song.
Between our moves, these items remained in their perspective boxes.
Until we had a few rainy days...
IMG_0213
IMG_0215
IMG_0207

There is no doubt, that I had more fun than Lauren.
I was giddy putting the things together...
it was probably one of the few times I've used a screwdriver and been thrilled while doing so.

IMG_0229
IMG_0225

I am in no hurry for my sweet baby to grow up and have princess tea parties wearing gowns,
but when she is ready...

So am I.

{5}
Today at playgroup Lauren was the oldest babe there and the only one without teeth.

But that's okay.

It's common in the McQuinn family not to have teeth until close to a one year of age

and

IMG_3701
IMG_3643
IMG_3561
IMG_3470

we really can't get enough of that gummy smile.



No comments :

Post a Comment