May 2, 2014

five things

{1}
When I found out we were moving to Texas, I immediately began researching Houston children's photographers. After some research and a referral, we scheduled a session at the end of April with sweet Jenny from Jenny Miller Photography.
A few weeks ago she advertised a free session for the Mini Bluebonnet Sessions she was offering. This American family got really lucky and won.
It was the perfect welcome to Texas session for our little Lauren and we couldn't have been happier with the images!
1-laurenps
2-laurenps
8-laurenps
5-laurenps
3-laurenps
6-laurenps

We met with Jenny again last weekend and had a blast with her. We are SO excited to see the sweet shots of our girl...
I can't believe she is 7 months tomorrow!

{2}
There were many things that drove me crazy about Cartagena, but I never had a "I don't know what to wear" melt down.
You knew what the weather was going to be like and there wasn't anywhere you couldn't go in 'casual' attire.
Since returning to the US, I have had several "I don't know what to wear" meltdowns.
I realized after living in South America for three years and spending the last year pregnant, my wardrobe needed some updating.
I have been searching for key 'go-to' pieces to add to my closet here and there, but my shopping patterns have changed since I started bringing my little darling along.
Cue Stitch Fix.
An online personal styling service for women.
They send you 5 pieces, you try it on, keep what you like, send back what you don't.
I was a little hesitant about it, but after reading some blogs and reviews, I decided to give it a try.
 IMG_3410
Loved it.
First, I love mail. Especially in the form of clothing. And it's quite fun to have no idea what's in the box. Surprise!
Second, you fill out a style profile when you register. Based on your responses, a stylist chooses five pieces for you.
I ended up keeping a blouse that I would have never picked up on my own. That's fun.
I also kept a cardigan that is totally versatile and is a great fit.
I completed a survey about the items sent, what I liked, what I didn't, what fits worked, etc, so the next fix, should be even more personalized.
Lastly, as a new mom, it is awesome to try on clothes on your own time, in the comfort of your own home.
I am not sure I did a great the greatest job of explaining the service, but I definitely recommend.
And if you want to try it out, feel free to use this link, http://www.stitchfix.com/referral/3591974,
which gives this mama a credit toward her next fix.

xo

{3}
I took this picture of Lauren a few weeks ago and every time I look at it, I smile.
DSC_0008
I can't get enough of it.
That sweet yawn,
a girl with her favorite toys.
I love her.

{4}
I finally got around to blogging about Christmas 2013.
Yes, it's May 1st.
One of my April to-do's was blog about Christmas and order our 2013 blog book.
done and done.

If you would like to read about Christmas 2013, check it out here.

Let me warn you, it's not my typical Christmas post.
I was disappointed in myself, but it's a little difficult to be in the Christmas spirit in May
and to recall all those special holiday details.

Note to self... next year, don't wait 5 months.

{5}
This weekend, we get to celebrate a birthday...
IMG_3360
And since I wasn't around for the last two,
I'm really looking forward to this one...

Happy 32nd birthday to Lauren's dad!






No comments :

Post a Comment