February 2, 2012

32/366

5 Random Facts About My Day of Travel


1) When I approached the ticket counter in Cartagena they looked at my passport and told me I had to go into another line for international taxes. In my previous trips out of Cartagena, this step has never occurred. This proves once again nothing in Cartagena is consistent.
{I didn't have to pay any taxes, after my passport was viewed I was sent right back to the Copa line}


2) While in Panama, I met two ISU graduates who were on a South American graduation trip. Small world. I also felt pretty old when they asked me what year I graduated. 


3) Both of my pieces of luggage were in customs in Houston, which is where my drama began last time. I was quite relieved.


4) 7 hours is a long time for a layover. But I did eavesdrop on one very interesting conversation involving a father who was not happy about his 18 year old daughters recent engagement.  Not necessarily an appropriate airport conversation in my book, but I was totally okay with it.


5) Only one piece of my luggage arrived in Tennessee. No. I am not kidding. I'm completely serious. There was a weight issue and I'm waiting on my luggage to be delivered sometime around 5:30 Thursday evening.
32.366

No comments :

Post a Comment