May 4, 2016

Caroline's Nursery

If you follow this blog,
{or what's left of the erratic postings}
you know I was fairly sure baby #2 was a boy.

We've dedicated one room as the nursery
{since it's the only room on the same floor as the master}
and maintained a pretty neutral esthetic that could work for both boy or girl.
In my certainty that this baby was a boy,
I picked up things here and there to help welcome a baby boy home.

As we all know now, I was wrong.
Again.

While the nursery had some feminine touches from Lauren's residency,
I wanted to make sure that Caroline had her own room.
So from my hospital bed I got to work on Pinterest and Etsy, sending photos through group text with my mother and sister.

Since the nursery was being decorated after the birth, I felt like I had the opportunity to go a little more feminine than before.
Floral.
Pinks.
Lavendar.

Welcome to Caroline's nursery...

DSC_0609
DSC_0616
DSC_0610
DSC_0613

My mother and my sister were a huge help and completed the floral C before we arrived home from the hospital.
DSC_0618

The floral balls were a labor of love worked on by my mother, Matt's mother, and myself. Lots of time, conversation, and a little bit of wine. A pretty special memory.
DSC_0621
Those natural wood frames I picked up for baby boy worked perfectly in Caroline's floral inspired nursery.
DSC_0624

Of course I still have a couple items remaining on the nursery to-do list.
I am waiting on a canvas I ordered and I have hopes to make some different curtains,
but right now it's just a sweet little space for our sweet baby girl.

And really,
if I had to describe Caroline in one word it would be sweet.

So, really,
it's just perfect for her.



No comments :

Post a Comment