September 18, 2015

two weeks from two

Two weeks from today,
we will be celebrating the golden birthday of a special little girl at the most magical place on Earth.

DSC_0017

Next Friday her birthday week kicks off with a trip to Iowa to see grandparents, cousins, and celebrate with a  little birthday party.

So we're busy gearing up for lots of celebrating and memory making,
but in the midst of all that I can't help but get a little sentimental about two.

DSC_0008

I remember last year leading up to that first birthday,
and all the thoughts of "last year at this time I was..."

But this year is different.

DSC_0018

She is changing right before our very eyes.

And the last couple days,
as we approach the two week mark,
and prepare for lots of celebrating to come,
I can't help but stare at her and wonder if these are the moments,
the faces,
and the little memories that will flash back to me when she's older.

DSC_0002

Will I see that same little smirk when she's a teen?
Will I remember the way she used to read intently by herself when I catch her profile?
Will I hear that little contagious giggle when she thinks something is really funny?

I hope so.
But just in case,
I'm going to keep soaking up all of the little girl goodness this almost two year old is giving.


No comments :

Post a Comment