September 1, 2015

lately

While I am proud of my ability to keep a weekly bump update, the blog activity has taken a major hit.

So here's what we've been up to instead of blogging...

Lauren's Bedroom

I would really like to be doing a blog post with Lauren's big girl room.
But I can't yet.
Because she still doesn't have a bed.
This bed saga has taken up a large amount of my free time between customer service phone call and emails after finally!!! receiving a bed that looks like this:
IMG_7436
IMG_7442
IMG_7452
A 'hole' lot of damage.

The story is too long to be worth repeating, but at this point my order is cancelled and I have found the same bed through a different company, which will we be arriving soon.
I hope.

Birthday Planning

We've got a golden birthday to celebrate this year {2!}
and we're quite excited about it.
In fact, we're celebrating with two celebrations, a little birthday party in Ankeny with some of our favorite people followed by a trip to the happiest place on Earth.

We're taking our birthday girl to Disney World.

I'm giddy with excitement and am having a lot of fun planning and preparing for a Minnie themed party to kick off a great birthday week.

And the Disney planning.
That's fun too.
But let's be real...
I've had this trip planned in my mind for years.

Lauren

She's pure toddler.
She changes daily, I swear.
She learns something new, says something new, throws a fit over something new.
Everyday is something.

We've been busy playing outside as the weather has tamed itself a bit,
IMG_7434
IMG_7435
doing puzzles {her current obsession},
reading books {the same ones constantly},
and having tea parties with friends.
IMG_7423
Including her cow, another obsession.
Not necessarily this particular cow.
But all cows.

Dog Door

While the mess of Lauren's bed has been pure frustration, stress, and disappointment,

This...

IMG_7464-1

made me very happy today.

We've got a dog door.
We've only been trying to get one since we moved in this house,
nearly one year ago.
The double paned glass and the door size were major obstacles,
but thankfully when my dad visited,
he made one call,
and we're in business folks.

Next on the agenda...
Teach Charlotte how to use it.

If you don't hear from me for a while, you know why...

No comments :

Post a Comment