August 11, 2015

week 19... again + an update

You read that right.

19weeksII

And if you're slightly confused, let me explain.

They moved my due date back again.

I guess if I am being completely technical, it was never 'officially' moved since I hadn't seen my doctor since the ultrasound at 13 weeks when the new due date originated. My next appointment fell around the July 4th holiday and he was out, so I saw a NP who told me only the doctor could officially change it, but that based on the ultrasound and the timing, he would likely change it.

Given that this situation occurred in my pregnancy with Lauren, I assumed I was good to go and put a 2015 baby on the calendar.

But he didn't change it.
It's still 2016.
January 2, 2016
He said he likes to go off of the original ultrasound and doesn't want to push it and have a premature baby.
While I am thankful for his precaution and focused on growing a healthy little baby, I was slightly concerned about moving the due date back when the baby measured a few days larger than my 'adjusted new' due date at the last ultrasound.

But we've got plenty of time to worry about delivery details in the future.

For now, I'm focused on this little mango,

who is actually the size of a banana.



No comments :

Post a Comment