August 14, 2015

Grandparents Visit & Lauren's Big Girl Room Progress

Last week my mom came to visit
{hence my lack of blog posts}
to spend with week with Lauren us & help with Lauren's big girl room.

grandmaaugust

It was a busy week full of activity, two doctors appointments, gymnastics, swim lessons, lots of puzzles, books, dollies, and even some walks.
In between the hustle & bustle we managed to do some painting, stenciling, and shopping.

Papa* joined us on Friday and the fun continued. Lauren soaked up every moment of having her grandparents visit and Matt and I even snuck in dinner and a movie.
The last movie we saw in a theatre I was days out from my due date with Lauren.

*Last summer while visiting my parents we said something to Lauren about Grandpa. She responded with Papa. And she's been saying it ever since.

papasleeping
{post lunch nap. Texas BBQ is that good.}

donut2
{first donut}

IMG_7332

readaloud

papagrandma
{Lauren fell asleep on the way home from lunch and we realized that we hadn't got a picture of her with both Grandma & Grandpa}

We're still working on Lauren's room.
We made a lot of progress while my Mom was here and probably should have made more.
But we didn't.
Because we're still waiting on the bed.
The bed that I ordered and was supposed to be here before my mom arrived.
Still waiting.
Which puts a bit of a pause on our project.
But it's been fun to decorate a gender specific room and so far it's turned out even better than I imagined.

DSC_0017
DSC_0021
DSC_0022
DSC_0024

While we await the bed, I continue to look for all the perfect 'Lauren-like' details for her big girl room.

And then when it's all put together, we move the big girl to her new room
I'm thinking about October, after her birthday?

And that will be fun too....

Right?


No comments :

Post a Comment