February 4, 2015

the library

DSC_0017

There are many little ways to enlarge your child's world.
Love of books is the best of all.
-Jacqueline Kennedy-


DSC_0014

I know I've mentioned this before, but Lauren's a lover of books.
BIG lover of books.
As a reader, former teacher, & mom I love to see her with a book and will do whatever I can to encourage her passion for reading.
So we have made the library a part of our weekly routine.
The Friendswood library has Toddler Time three mornings a week.
The first time I took Lauren I couldn't believe how packed Toddler Time was.
Apparently it's the place to be.

While living in Colombia and being unsure of what the future looked like, I worried that I would miss scenes like this.
So we take full advantage of our library time.
Every Wednesday, Lauren and I attend Toddler Time for some singing, dancing, & reading. Sometimes we stick around to put together a puzzle or two, but we save our book hunt for a less busy time, which also gives us an opportunity to look forward to another library visit during the week.

Our weekly library visits have also given me an opportunity to rediscover the library vs. constantly reading on my iPad, which is both a nice change of pace & makes my husband happy.
{free books}


DSC_0015

I have always imagined that paradise will be a kind of library.
-Jorge Luis Borges-


No comments :

Post a Comment