February 19, 2015

friendship

One week ago, I awoke with that kind of anxious happiness you feel right before something really fabulous and special is going to happen...
10924822_10206285551682428_8096929166359494457_n
Five of my dearest friends landed in Houston for a much needed, highly anticipated girls weekend.
Despite our residences being located in different cities, in three different states, we've managed to stay in one another lives, sharing in big events, celebrations, holidays, and every once in a while, a few of us managing to sneak in a get-away to an agreed upon location.

But it's been a long time since the six of us were together, for no other reason, than just being together.

The highlights:

Looking in my living room & seeing all my besties together... in my house
IMG_5477

Giving the girls a proper Texas welcome, a ride in a truck to get some TexMex
IMG_5480

eating cheese, drinking wine & playing Cards Against Humanity
IMG_5476
IMG_5453

immediately followed by a lesson in the world of Tinder
IMG_5454

lots of laying around, in pajamas, drinking coffee, reminiscing and giggling about moments past and future dreams
IMG_5478

riding around Houston in our mini-van rental
IMG_5413

lots of Bella love
IMG_5459
IMG_5455
IMG_5423

wine tasting
IMG_5470
IMG_5473
IMG_5458
IMG_5474

and Lauren.
This was one of the best parts of the weekend for me.
As the gal who lives the farthest away, I often wish I was closer so Lauren could get to know each of these amazing aunties.
It was so special to watch each of their interactions with her and form their own little special bonds.
IMG_5479
IMG_5457
IMG_5420
IMG_5428
IMG_5432
10391411_10206138919531036_1809409573460453929_n

One of the reasons I wish I was closer in distance is so Lauren could be witness to these special friendships and develop special lifelong friendships of her own.

But I realized something this weekend.

It's not about the proximity.

She will learn about friendship, because she will see it.

Special friendships are like magic, you don't have to see it to know it exists.

I've never been able to eloquently express how special these friendships truly are to me,
so instead I remain grateful to have each of you in my life.
Thanks girls, for an incredibly special weekend.


'After all, seasons change, so do cities; people come into your life and people go. But it’s comforting to know that the ones you love are always in your heart. And if you’re very lucky, a plane ride away.' 
Carrie Bradshaw, Sex in the City





1 comment :

  1. Ahhh, Sarah, this post gave me goose bumps as I read. I too was incredibly blessed by the weekend we were all able to spend together in Houston. There is something truly magical that happens that makes time spent with you girls feel like a warm blanket or a home-cooked meal. Despite the physical distance between us and the all too infrequent times we get to spend together, there is something so easy, so comforting, and so real once we are all in a room together. The years we spent together as young women have forever bound us together. Thank you so much to you and Matt for opening up your beautiful home and for the opportunity to get to know your beautiful daughter more deeply. She is incredibly precious and I can't wait for her to see my girls again. One added bonus of the trip as well...my new found love for red wines, although I will blame my expensive taste on yours truly. Cheers to a wonderful weekend with beautiful women! xoxo Mom

    ReplyDelete