February 23, 2015

create

The moment my friends left, my mind went into project/create mode.

We've still got a lot to do in the house and all projects & progress seems to have been on hold since the holidays.

which reminds me, I still need to blog on the current state of affairs in this house

While I've been making lists & pinning away on Pinterest,
my current lifestyle

{cough, cough, Lauren}


doesn't lend itself to 'diving right in'
so
instead I focused on Lauren based creations.

Toddler Infinity Scarf
DSC_0004
I've seen these and thought they were oh so adorable and stumbled upon a few tutorials that made me believe I could pull it off.
Considering I haven't touched a sewing machine since my Beaumont days,
I also thought this would be a great project to reacquaint us.

And it was.

If you look closely, you may notice a few flaws and probably wouldn't ask me to make you one,
but Lauren will wear it

DSC_0044

& the seam faces that back.

Brown Bear, Brown Bear
This book gets a lot of play in our house, a go-to favorite of our little book worm.
So when I saw this activity, I printed two copies right away.
DSC_0108
One for Lauren to color and one for myself.
DSC_0075
Then I pulled out my teacher hat & immediately went for the laminating machine and some trusty magnets.
While Mrs. McQuinn sees a lot of potential in the future literacy activities this little project may bring,

right now we're using it to spice up our Brown Bear routine and work on identifying colors and animals.

Button Sorting Cups
I saw this activity on Pinterest and it seemed too easy not to add to our repertoire.
DSC_0090
While we're not quite completing the objective of the activity, it gives us a chance to identify colors and work on our fine motor skills.
DSC_0082
Plus...
it keeps her busy for a few minutes at a time.

Totally. worth. it.


No comments :

Post a Comment