February 11, 2014

Leidys & Lauren

One of the hardest people to tell that we were leaving was our maid, Leidys.
She has been wonderful to our family, taking such good care of Matt, while I was gone, and helping me get rid of my anxiety about these ridiculous white floors.
She is the kindest woman and is in love with Lauren.
Her first reaction to our news was, "Oh Lauren. Oh my God."
In English.

She plays with Lauren each morning, speaking Spanish to her so sweetly, and Lauren watches her with a big gummy smile.

When I returned to Cartagena I was unsure of what I would do with Lauren when I went to pilates. After speaking with the receptionist about the available days, she agreed to watch Lauren in the waiting room while I was in class on Wednesdays & Thursdays. Fridays I could bring Lauren with me or I could leave her at home with Leidy. I stressed over whether to take her to pilates with me, where she generally falls asleep and sits in her stroller, or leave her at home with Leidy, where she can play with all her toys and can sleep in her swing.
I decided to leave her with Leidy.
And I am so glad I did.
They are so cute together. I leave them playing together on the floor or looking at the ocean and speaking Spanish. By the time I come back, Lauren is napping and Leidy is gushing over what a good baby she is.
She loves her time with Lauren and I don't worry about listening for Lauren's cry in the middle of class.
Leidy is the first person non-family member I've ever left Lauren with.
And she doesn't even speak English.
I think that's pretty baby book worthy.
DSC_0001 - Version 2
We will all miss her.


No comments :

Post a Comment