August 23, 2013

nursery update

Last week we put some finishing touches on the nursery.
Although technically the true finishing touches can't be completed until our little babe makes his or her appearance.
DSC_0026
We added a photo collage above the dresser as well as a shelf for some future pictures and little decorative additions.
nursery1
nursery2
Here is a close-up of our little photo collage...
{please excuse the poor quality of photo... it was difficult to get a photo without glare and you may notice my pretty awesome workout shirt reflected in one of the frames. Literally. It says pretty awesome. Lately workout clothes have gotten interesting...}
nursery6
{1} I had this print picked out for sometime. I thought it was pretty perfect for our situation and I don't know if I could say it any better.
{2} It's pretty obvious at this point that Baby McQuinn is going to grow up a dog lover, so when Grandma Schoenfelder (my mom) found this dog, it had a reserved space on the wall.
{3} I had seen several similar prints on Etsy of different states and countries, so I thought it only appropriate that we have a bit of Colombia in the nursery  After cutting out the country of Colombia, I added a little heart to the location of Cartagena. Right now it is taped on some coral paper for the background. There is also a green background waiting to be displayed. Coral for girl, green for boy. I'm still under the assumption that Georgie is a little boy, but displayed the coral for the time being.
{4} Aunt Minnie sent a print for Baby McQuinn that we love. 'My love will fly to you each night on angel's wings', which are lyrics from a Dixie Chicks song. I always said there were certain Dixie Chicks songs that would be lullabies for my babies. This is one of them. So it's pretty special...
{5} When Matt and I were in Cartagena, we took the opportunity to take a few maternity photos. Two of these photos made the wall, a solo photo and one of the 'three' of us.
{6} Obviously Bella was going to make the wall. After all, they are best friends.
{7} Grandma McQuinn, Matt's mom, gave us this great frame as a shower gift. It has a kit to make a handprint and footprint of the babe and a spot for a perfect newborn photo. I've already got plans for the accent colors in the frame once George is here. And I imagine using the kit to get that perfect little handprint and footprint will make for an memorable project.
{8} See 5.

nursery3
We also have plans to hang little baby McQuinn's first initial above the crib.
nursery4
nursery5
This little cabinet is stocked with fun little toys we've found along the way and lots and lots of blankets that make my heart melt.

I love spending time in this room. Folding itty bitty baby clothes and looking at all the baby gear waiting to be used.
While there are a few details left to attend to, this nursery is ready to see it's baby.
And so are we.



No comments :

Post a Comment