August 14, 2013

classes

Last night I attended a class about breast feeding.
My mother was my supporting partner.
It was an interesting class, with a lot of review from things I have read, but I took away some key ideas and got a few questions answered.
I was equally as interested in analyzing the other individuals/couples
as I am sure they analyzed me & my supporting partner.
One of the drawbacks of our 'situation' is not having Matt to attend these classes with me. While I share all the information with him and we discuss each class, both the content and the attendees, it just seems like the classes are something you do together, a sort of prerequisite to first-time parenting.

However, I feel thankful I have a mother who is willing to step in and play the role of my supporting partner in these classes.
Despite the awkward videos, relaxation exercises, and role playing of birth.

Last night we received certificates of completion for the class.
Each couple received one certificate, with both of their names on it.
Not mom and I.
We each received our own.
DSC_0009
Take notice of our matching last names.
Yep.




No comments :

Post a Comment