July 12, 2013

five things

{1}
I'm back in the US.
Leaving Matt was not easy.
It's was also strange to think about how much will happen from now until I return to Cartagena.
But I'm excited, because everyday we're just a little closer to meeting our little darling.
maternity-matt&sarah2

{2}
I was so impressed with Colombia when I left Cartagena on Tuesday. My pregnant status allowed me to walk in a VIP line in customs, which meant no line. If you've traveled to Colombia, you know there are a lot of lines {or what they refer to as a line}.  My special status ended there. I was chosen to have my bags searched, which meant I stood in a 'line' and waited for a Colombian cop to go through my luggage. By go through, I mean they took everything out, every piece of clothing, opened every zipper. I thought my search was over until it was time to board. Apparently I had to be searched again. So I went back to the Colombian version a line.  As I watched the boarding line get shorter and shorter my anxiety got higher and higher. This time a Colombian officer went through everything in my carry-on and personal item and then had to search me.  I had visions of missing my flight. But no, I was just the last individual on the plane.

{3}
I had a doctor appointment yesterday. George is doing well and I got to hear that precious heartbeat of his/hers. I discovered I'm anemic, which is caused by iron deficiency. I can't say I'm shocked given my distaste for red meat during this pregnancy. For now I am on iron pills and trying to beef up the iron in my diet.
I must say, while the doctor was explaining my blood results and answering my questions, I was happy to be in the US.

{4}
Yesterday I noticed Bella had some red goopy eyes and a possible ear infection. So I took her to Easy Vet Clinic, a new vet clinic my father and his friend and business partner opened. It works similar to a CVS Minute Clinic for us humans. It is open 7 days a week and evenings for convenience and you can walk in without an appointment. Given the amount we go to the vet, I love it. Bella and I got in this morning, she got a little eye ointment and medication for an ear infection and we were on our way.  We had an anxiety free trip to the vet and baby boxer Bella is on the mend.
bella

{5}
I think it may be too early to officially be 'nesting', but I have gone into severe organization mode. George's closet got reorganized this week and projects are kicking into high gear.
Here's a little peak at the latest project.
project



No comments :

Post a Comment