July 8, 2013

a rare weekend

We had a rare weekend. Rare in that it was an actual weekend together. Matt had both Saturday and Sunday off. We racked our brains trying to recall if he has ever, since we've been in Colombia, had a proper weekend off.
Sure he has had Sunday and Monday holidays off, constituting a two-day weekend. Then there is the occasional visitors that allow him to take a Saturday off, but as far as the two of us spending a proper weekend together, it doesn't happen in Colombia.
His weekend is part of a new schedule at work in which every 4th week is considered a short week and  a work-free Saturday is granted. Don't worry. This probably won't last. His schedule tends to change in some capacity every 3 months, so I imagine this one will too.

We spent our proper weekend enjoying each others company. Enjoying peace and quiet. Enjoying minimal responsibility. Enjoying walking around exploring Cartagena. Enjoying intimate dinners. Enjoying the company of friends.
matt&sarahb&w
We spent the weekend together.

Tomorrow I make my way back to the US.
{My US doctor felt a little more comfortable with me cutting my trip short to return for the third trimester}

I look forward to returning to everything that is America, except...

...for leaving my husband.

If I had him by my side, it would feel a lot more like going home.



No comments :

Post a Comment