May 1, 2012

122/366

today I was a foodie.
I wish I was able to be a foodie everyday, but I am simply not that cool.
I attended a Penfolds Wine Release Dinner with my parents at Ruth's Chris. 
may1-1
delish. devine. delectable.
doesn't even begin to describe
may1-3
it was a 5 course meal each paired with a Penfolds Wine, a winery in Australia
may1-2
with the 4th course showcasing the release of the 2007 Grange, a world renowned wine
that runs at about $500/bottle.
nice.
for my own foodie moment sake, I will review the menu


first course
chilled shellfish salad
{tiger shrimp, sweet crab meat, spring greens, white balsamic vinaigrette}
Thomas Hyland Reisling

second course
spring leek & asparagus soup
{nutmeg spiked créme fraîche}
Bin 311 Chardonnay

third course
duck confit napoleon
{black cherry demi glace}
St. Henri Shiraz

fourth course
filet mignon & crab stuffed lobster tail
{roasted garlic mashed potatoes}
Penfolds Grange

dessert
chocolate covered strawberry cheesecake
{dark chocolate ganache}
Club Tawny Port

I know.
It was insane. 
My favorite
the third course.
fabulous.
It was a magnificent evening...
We made friends with the host for the evening 
walked away with a corkscrew and a book on the history of Penfolds
and Timmy walked away with this...
122.366
winner. winner. duck confit dinner.



No comments :

Post a Comment