September 27, 2011

One Bruised Ego

I guess you could say life in Cartagena is becoming a little more settled. With Matt's NFL Sunday Ticket to keep him busy, our weekend adventures have been less eventful. But hey, that's life, right? So I thought I would share the random updates/happenings around this Colombian household.

The most important being:

* Bella
She is currently not in recovery, because she didn't have surgery. I made sure Magic Jack and myself were up and waiting on Monday morning to get any updates regarding the Boxer and the ACL. I received a call that we needed to make a decision. The surgeon confirmed that there was a tear in the ACL, but that her knee had not slid forward {apparently this happens if the ligament is severed completely} and she did not require surgery at this time. We still had the option to go ahead if we so desired. Then the doc explained, in detailed fashion, the extent of the surgery and recovery process. Surgery: Intense. Recovery: First 2 weeks, drugged up, in a kennel or on a leash. That's it.  The following 6-8 weeks. No drugs. In a kennel or on a leash. No jumping, running, stairs, playing with other dogs, etc. That's rough. Not to mention that we are visiting the Easy Breezy Beautiful Bella Girl in about 3 weeks, Matt's first reunion with her since March. The idea that we couldn't take her for walks, run in the backyard, snuggle, and yes, even sleep with her made us sad. I even began wondering if she would still be her easy, breezy, beautiful self after a surgery like that. With that said, for now, we are waiting.
US2011-174

*Rainy Season
We've heard a lot about this rainy season that Cartagena sees in October-November. While we are not in the thick of it yet, it has rained more since I arrived back from my USAdventure than it did the entire time before. Can I tell you something? I kinda like it. I like a good rain storm and they are beautiful here. Additionally these rains provide somewhat of a weather change, which feels mighty nice. Did I mention I prefer this all while I am inside? Matt and I went out on Saturday afternoon and walked through standing water, used our umbrellas to shield us from the blowing rains, and changed our clothes when we returned home. 
september2011-2
september2011-3
I may have a slight fear of getting stalled in the water in a taxi. While in Texas I attempted to drive through some standing water on an underpass of the interstate and my car died. I cried. A lot. And didn't know what to do. Until some nice boys in rain gear that worked at the boat store near me came and pulled me out. Several people after me got stuck as well. They decided it was enough work to get me out that they were not doing it for anyone else. Did I mention this happened in the G6?
september2011-4
It goes from such a gloomy place, right back to this...
september2011-6

*Us
september11-1
Here we are.

*Lights
Today I went to the HomeCenter to buy a light bulb, but I found a lot more than that. Not only were there Christmas trees, but a whole lot of Christmas decor. Ornaments, stockings, lights, Santa's, garland, platters. This made me very happy, but I exercised restraint. After all, it is September. 

*3 Chairs
Our dining room table currently has three chairs at it. That's odd? What happened to the 4th one? That's what your thinking right? Ready for it? I broke it. Yep, one night at dinner I was sitting in the chair telling Matt a story and the next thing I knew I was sitting on my fanny on the floor crying. Not because it hurt. Because my ego was bruised. Like Black & Blue. Severely. I was coming right off my American vacay and knew I consumed a few extra calories, but not chair breaking kinds of calories. 
Matt explained that he noticed one of the chairs was wobbly and was missing a main bolt. So in his infinite wisdom, he moved that chair to my spot {I've literally ate every meal in the same spot}. Although a bolt is to blame, my ego's not buying it.

Oh, the chair? Still broken. Like my ego.

No comments :

Post a Comment