September 23, 2011

Fútbol Americano

I couldn't visit Tennessee in the fall without attending a Vols football game. It has become a bit of tradition for Dad and I. And although I have no allegiance to the University of Tennessee and I've never officially called Knoxville home, there is something fabulous about these football games.
The entire city is made of football fans. Each day leading up to the kick off of the season I saw signs at businesses advertising the number of days left until it was 'Football Time in Tennessee'.
{and I think my dad reminded me at least once a day of the countdown}
It's incredible to be at a college football game with 100,000 other people of all ages, in the same crazy orange color, singing the most random, yet catchy song dozens of times.
It is a far different than my football college experiences... Seriously. I spent more time in the parking lot than I did in the stadium, no offense Cyclones.
tnvols1
tnvols3
tnvols2
Check out Coach Dooley's orange game day pants. Stop.. I loved it.
tnvols10
tnvols12
tnvols7
tnvols5
Did you spot the orange pants again?
tnvols9
tnvols13
Well that concludes my USAdventure. So it's back to posting about our Colombian lifestyle and the things I do to keep myself occupied.
For a few weeks, anyway. Matt and I are Iowa bound on October 7th. Somehow, just as I come down from my American high, I am going to get another good dose of loved ones, Target, Panera, and the Bella.
{Update:  Bella is going to the surgeon Monday and if he confirms that her ACL is the issue he will do the surgery the same day. My sweet B.}

One more time for the pants
tnvols14

Happy Friday.

No comments :

Post a Comment