April 28, 2011

the last supper

He had a perma-grin through dinner as he randomly giggled things like:
Cartagena...
Just a few hours...

I sat through dinner basking in the idea of comfort. My comfort in 
sitting in a familiar restaurant, my ability to read a menu, and that
 sweet sound of people enjoying their dinner all around me.
His excitement peaked when he took the time to explain
 to our server that the reason we didn't want a box for our leftovers
 was because we were flying out tomorrow morning. But he didn't stop there. 
He proceeded to tell her that we were moving to South America tomorrow. 
As she looked at us like we were absolutely crazy, I had a light bulb moment. 

Our lives are about to change. Tomorrow is our new beginning.
I know we will not return unchanged by our experiences. 

While I proceed with caution, he is jumping wholeheartedly in to this adventure.
So here's to telling strangers our story and taking a leap of faith.
And whatever tomorrow brings I know where I can find comfort.
mattsleep

Goodbye Michael Scott.
Goodbye USA.
byebyeusa

No comments :

Post a Comment