April 6, 2011

Eloise

Maybe I am totally mistaken, but you all know who Eloise is, right? 
The 6 year old childrens book character who lives in  a hotel (the Plaza to be exact).
 I kinda feel like her. 
Except I am not in New York City. And my "hotel life" is not near as exciting as Eloise's. 
But this is what the "Plaza" in my story looks like...
livingspace
kitchen
bedroom
It's not the Plaza, but I am thankful we have some room to move about and I am not shoved in a "regular" hotel room. Frankly, I don't know that our luggage would even fit.

Matt and I traveled to Austin last weekend to visit The Fishers. It was a great weekend and I was introduced to my new  frozen yogurt obsession.
I did a horrific job of picture taking, but it was nice to just hang out with great people.

We also got to meet up with Matt's cousin, Mitch, on Monday night. Mitch lives in Colorado and we don't get to see him too often as the distance and our crazy schedules don't always align. But Mitch was in Houston for a training, so we took advantage of the opportunity and met up with him to catch up over some drinks. We have been really lucky to see so many special people before we become South Americans.
matt&mitch

Speaking of special people...
We are about to see some more. A few months ago several of Matt's friends began planning a   destination vacation that included significant others. Shocking. I know.
Even more shocking is the destination they chose.
Las Vegas.
Matt and I have both graced Las Vegas with our presence, but we do Vegas very differently. 
There are 4 other couples going, but we were waiting to book our tickets until we knew 
where we would be. 
Well, the trip is about a week away and we still don't have an ETA to Colombia. 
So Vegas. Here we come. 

I am very excited... 

I don't think Eloise has ever been to Vegas...

No comments :

Post a Comment