June 24, 2010

Minnie-sotah

Heading north and leaving the south behind, reminded me how much I love Minnesotan accents.
I had a great weekend with family, food, history, fun, love, laughter, and did I mention food. Our weekend celebration included two anniversaries. My grandparents were celebrating their 50th and my parents were celebrating their 28th. It was beautiful to see these 4 amazing individuals, the families they have raised, and the memories they have shared. How blessed am I to have these amazing role-models.
Photobucket
Our family celebration began by boarding a bus...16 of us, dressed in green...
Photobucket
there was champagne toasts, laughter, and memories of the past shared...
Photobucket

Photobucket
Our bus stops included opportunities to step foot in the church my grandparents married in half a century ago...
Photobucket
Photobucket
Farms they grew up on...
Photobucket
Photobucket
and obviously, opportunities to eat.
Photobucket
Photobucket


It was a fantastic weekend. I enjoyed the weather, the food & drink, the sights, the sounds, but more importantly the comfort and love that comes from spending time with family...
Photobucket

No comments :

Post a Comment