January 27, 2016

baby caroline

There's some wisdom that comes with a second child.
A sense of familiarity that allows you to relax a bit and enjoy the newness.
But with that wisdom comes the acknowledgment of time.
That is goes fast.

That brings us here.
The one month mark. 
I don't know how it is possible that she's been here a month,
yet I am not sure what we did before her.

I've tried to soak up all the moments I could.
I took in her scent and let her head lay on my chest in an effort to etch the feeling into both my heart and mind forever.
And the funny thing is,
only time will tell if I succeeded.

It's probably not a secret that I love photos.
I love the emotions they evoke 
and the moments they represent.

I'm already knee deep in mom guilt about the lack of photos or video we've taken.
I missed the first bath and didn't get a picture of her with her grandparents together...
But,
while I haven't been behind the camera,
I have been enjoying the moments, 
breathing in the memories, 
and taking mental pictures.
And that's where the real memories are.

DSC_0056
DSC_0065 - Version 2DSC_0140 - Version 2DSC_0063DSC_0146 - Version 2DSC_0079 - Version 2DSC_0118 - Version 2


While I enjoy capturing the real moments that go on in our home
and in our daily lives,
the photos that capture all the love,
the togetherness of a new family,
and the little tiny newborn details that I never want to forget
happen at the newborn session.



caroline newborn session from Sarah on Vimeo.
photo cred: Rebecca Penny Photography 

I'm so thankful for all these tiny memories
and look forward to so many more.

No comments :

Post a Comment