October 12, 2015

Week 26, 27, & 28 & the truth about the third trimester

Week 26
26weeks

Week 27
27weeks

Week 28
28weeks

We've arrived to the third, and final, trimester.
And I look tired in this picture,
because I am.
I've starting doing some tossing and turning at night
and we moved our big girl to her new room...
so there's that.

I've talked to some moms lately about this whole second pregnancy thing
and a few people are speaking my language...
It's harder.

Please don't get me wrong,
I feel so blessed to be carrying another healthy baby
and adding another sweet darling to our family.

But...

My pregnancy with Lauren was pretty ideal.
I experienced very few symptoms,
and felt great the whole way through.
I also lived a completely different lifestyle.
I was in between Colombia and my parent's house
and had no toddler to chase, no floors to clean,
just a lot of time on my hands,
time to work out, read parenting books, and research all things baby.

This time is different.
I chase a toddler.
A lot.
Which takes up quite a bit of time,
and the cleaning of the floors, preparing dinner, and being a mom
seems to take up the rest.

Those symptoms I didn't have round one,
they're here.
I had the nausea.
I feel tired.
My back hurts.
and {gasp!}
varicose veins.
Seriously?

But, last night as I laid with my big girl in her new bed reading books,
I saw a little foot move it's way across my belly.
And there you have it.
Those amazing moments that make it all worth it.
The gift of carrying this baby is temporary
{and hopefully so are those varicose veins}
so for the next 11+ weeks,
I will cherish this gift,
this second and very different pregnancy.

Oh, by the way...
Go Royals.




No comments :

Post a Comment