September 8, 2014

{five- long overdue- things}

{1}
I know my blogging skills have taken a hit.
And excuses are old, but I am still working to find the balance in this whole stay-at-home mom role as well as prioritizing my duties and hobbies, outside of Lauren time.
So, this is my official statement of blogging intent... that it will get better.
It has to get better...
so that Lauren's grandparents,
who are probably
(who am I kidding with the probably... definitely)
the most avid readers can see more pictures and get the latest on her day to day activities and life in Texas.
DSC_0145
{blowing kisses}

It has to get better...

so that I have some documentation of this time.
This blog has become our yearly scrapbook and mama needs to step up her skills.

Everyone tells you it goes fast, but it really does.
Lauren is moments away from being a year old.
How did that happen?
DSC_0104
I already feel the guilt setting in that I haven't taken enough pictures, enough video, enough documentation in the baby book..., enough enough, enough.

At this point, I think I have learned that when it comes to your children, you can never do enough.
So I'll enjoy the moments, take pictures when I can, and preserve as much as possible right here.

{2}
One thing I keep thinking is that my blogging will get better
{speaking about quantity not quality folks}
when we move into the house.

Oh,
the house.
You mean that post I dropped 2 months ago and then never mentioned again.

Yeah, that one.

While I do think that being in a house and having more space
{and unpacking all our belongings for the first time in over 3 years}
will be more conducive to routines that include blogging, it's a pretty bogus excuse.
Even worse, I should have been blogging about the house this whole time.
For the first time in our married life, we are building a home that we plan to live in.
for more than 3 years.
So here's the latest on the house.
I mentioned that we expected to be in towards the end of August to beginning of September.
Well, we're still not in the house.
Our home is being built in a brand new subdivision within a development.
The subdivision is so new, there is no electricity or gas.
That's what we're waiting on right now.
While electricity is in and we've seen lights next door
{there were wires out in ours which means they are working on it},
we seem to be stuck waiting for gas.
The city can't commit to a date which means neither can the builder.
So we wait.
We were recently told to expect late October, but we are hoping that's conservative and to be in by Halloween.
Hoping.

Here are some pictures we've snapped of the progress...
IMG_1336
IMG_0649
IMG_0792
IMG_0642
IMG_0648

Now that power is in we should start to see some finishing touches, so I look forward to sharing more.
But not as much as I look forward to moving in.

{3}
I mentioned Lauren is moments away from turning a year.
Yes.
Which means I am moments away from throwing my first children's birthday party.

In our apartment.
Not what I imagined... but it does seem fitting,
doesn't it?
Given our small space it will be a small party with a travel theme to celebrate our little girl's adventurous year.
I made two trips to Hobby Lobby this week.
IMG_1490
I'd like to think that means I've begun party preparations with plenty of time,
but for some reason I'm having visions of glue guns and frosting on birthday party eve.


{4}
We've had a busy summer full of travel. We just had to weekends of travel back to back & another on the horizon.
A few weekends ago we traveled to Omaha to attend the wedding of a great friend.
It was a quick weekend, but we had a wonderful time.
We got to see so many friends and Lauren even got a visit from Grandpa & Grandma,
who were kind enough to babysit,
so Matt and I could really enjoy the reception.
IMG_1326
IMG_1322
IMG_1319

{5}
Someone is our house has been waiting a long time to officially say:
It's football season!

IMG_1594
IMG_1523
IMG_1601

For the first time in three years, Matt can fill his weekends with both college & NFL.
This may very well be one of the things he missed most about America.




No comments :

Post a Comment