August 5, 2014

A Girl's Weekend: Run the World Tour

Beyonce & Jay Z are an epic power couple and I'm an huge fan of both...
I mean, who isn't?

As I playback the soundtrack of my life, there is a healthy dose of both artists singing background for some amazing memories.

Especially with these two:
IMG_0888
So when the idea got thrown out to see them perform in Chicago, a fabulous girls weekend was set.

This was my first 'weekend' away from Lauren.
I use the term weekend loosely as it was a Thursday - Saturday trip. While Matt stayed back, in order to care for Lauren during the day, he would have had to take two days off. When I discussed our dilemma with my parents, they graciously offered to come down and care for the little bird.
And while it was hard to leave, seeing Lauren all smiles for her Grandpa & Grandma made me feel a lot better.
DSC_0218

The show was amazing.
Our seats left a little to be desired as we could only identify the silhouettes of both J & B.
But we knew it was them.
And I screamed like a 12 year old girl, because it was them.

IMG_0871
IMG_0874
IMG_0878
IMG_0882
IMG_0884
IMG_0889
IMG_0892

Some other highlights of the weekend:

Riding shotgun on Misty's Vespa
IMG_0869

Spending some QT with this baby girl and her mama
IMG_0913

and getting updates on this girl, including a little FaceTime
IMG_0923

Great music, amazing friends, fabulous memories...

but what takes the cake?

Someday I get to tell my daughter that the first time I left her was to attend the Jay Z & Beyonce concert...

I'm going to go ahead and brush my shoulders off now.

No comments :

Post a Comment