April 4, 2014

five things: Lauren

As we marked a half year with our precious girl, I am in awe of how fast these past six months have gone.
I know people warn you to enjoy it, because it goes fast, but there really is no preparation for how quickly these moments pass.

I, like most moms, wonder if I'm doing enough, enjoying enough, playing enough, providing enough structure, and the list goes on.
I already have guilt about not having enough photos, enough videos, enough notes in the baby book.
So in honor of Lauren and savoring these moments I am devoting this weeks five things to Lauren and the special things we don't want to forget.

The way her nose crinkles when she smiles big.
And that gummy smile.
IMG_3003

The songs we sing.
If she gets fussy, 'Three Little Fishes' distracts her and makes her happy.
So does 'A Bushel & A Peck'.
During diaper changes and our morning routine, we've been singing Here Comes Peter Cottontail and Wheels on the Bus.
And at night while we rock it's Too Ra Loo Ra Loo Ral, A Dream is a Wish Your Heart Makes, and Moon River.
IMG_2950


The way she looks just like her daddy when she is concentrating on something.
DSC_0122

Getting to know her personality a bit more each day...
the way she gets excited, shakes a little bit, and opens her mouth. wide.
how she gets a little louder when she wants attention
her curious nature
and listening to her sweet sounds as she talks to herself each morning
DSC_0102
IMG_2936

the smell.
the soft hair.
the way her head fits perfectly on my shoulder.
the weight of her little body when she relaxes in my arms.
the knowing smile she gives us, the look of love in her eyes,

IMG_2983

I can't get enough of her.

DSC_0177

here's to the next six months...


No comments :

Post a Comment