November 12, 2013

Lauren's Nursery

Some finishing touches have been added to the nursery.
Most of them are coral
and help make the room a bit more Lauren.

One of the first things we added was the letter L above the bed. I had both an L and a J ready just in case we came home with a little mister. The L went up shortly after Lauren returned from the hospital, making the nursery officially hers. 
DSC_0022

Lauren has a few personal stuffed animals in her nursery as well. Her blabla knit doll is Josephine the Elephant. I love blabla dolls and was so excited to order one for our own little one, but wanted to wait until we met him or her. Matt and I decided on Josephine together and we think it was the right choice for Little Bird. 
DSC_0108
Her teddy bear was a gift from Grandma & Grandpa Schoenfelder and Grandma added a little bow to give it a personal touch.

Lucky the dog also received a personal touch. Her collar was replaced with a big coral bow.
Pretty sweet.
DSC_0111

mattlauren-dinosaur
When Matt was a child he had a fascination with dinosaurs. I love this, so when I saw a little wooden dinosaur toy at Pottery Barn Kids, I bought it for our little one as a tribute to daddy. I had plans to paint it, based on gender, to add some additional color to the room. Then I had an even better idea, to have Matt paint the dinosaur. Going with the theme of the room, I saw a coral dino, but Matt took his project to the next level and here is Lauren's dinosaur. 
DSC_0112

Before I became pregnant, I had seen the idea of keeping a maternity book and liked the idea of tracking a growing belly and the time we spent before our little darling was welcomed into the world. Each week I took a picture and wrote something about our life, being pregnant, preparing for baby, traveling. When Lauren arrived I was finally able to finish the book, choose a cover, and get it printed.
DSC_0022
Right now the book is sitting on a shelf, adding a pop of coral.
DSC_0020
DSC_0018
It was fun to see it all put together and look at each week.
If it's fun now, I can't imagine how much fun it will be to look back on in the years to come.

DSC_0031
Matt's parents gifted us with a memory keepsake frame. While we waited for Lauren's handprint and footprint to dry, I painted the matting to add some more coral.  At the time we were still waiting for our newborn images to arrive, but I have recently added a picture in the middle.

DSC_0121
Currently this shelf is serving as a display for shoes, a world map piggy bank, and a coral L. Soon it will also display a canvas of Lauren's newborn picture, the final addition to this room. 

When I was pregnant, I loved spending time in the nursery.
DSC_0032
DSC_0033
DSC_0034
Since it became Lauren's nursery, I love it even more.
It is my favorite room. 





No comments :

Post a Comment