March 11, 2012

Disney 2012: Part One

This is a hard post to write because I don't know where to start.
We were gone for 9 days...
ran around a lot,
laughed a lot,
ate a lot,
and made a lot of memories.

We arrived on Wednesday evening and spent Thursday at the Global Pet Expo.
Global it was.
I heard a lot of different languages
and saw over 900 booths of pet related items.
Including feather hair extensions for dogs.
Fear Not.
Bella will not be sporting any for the spring.

Friday we spent a morning pool side and ran some errands which included some shopping and preparing for our guest of honor, Misty's arrival.
disney2012.1
Misty had some delays due to weather so our night had a slight detour from a night out in Downtown Disney to a late Italian dinner, a lot of wine, and Timmy's iPad game*

*it's not really a game, but more of a way to keep party participants happy. You pass around the iPad and each person gets to choose their own song to play. Simple right? You should really try it sometime. Everyone gets to hear music that makes them happy, no one holds the playlist hostage, and it turns into a very eclectic evening.

Saturday was gorgeous weather. We sat pool side and caught up over some margaritas and cervesas...
disney2012.3
Saturday night was interesting. While visiting Florida we stay at my parent's time share. It is set up as a vacation club and is a large property with several pools, a golf course, and a restaurant. Each day they offer a number of different activities for their guests including art & fitness classes and activities for children. They also offer adult classes like Mojito Making, Mixology, & Martini Making courses.
Saturday night was Martini Making night.
disney2012.4
Our syllabus included three martinis...
a Dirty Martini,
a Lemon Drop,
& a Cosmo.
disney2012.5
We not only made martinis...
disney2012.6
we made some friends.
63.366
There was a mother/daughter duo from New Jersey {Rolfa & Rickie} We became fast friends. While I counseled Rickie on helping her daughter to get married or rather trusting her to make her own decisions, Rolfa gave Misty a pep talk on finding her Mr. Right.
Hilar. Seriously.

After class we decided to partake in some more cocktails we our new friends Joe & Sharon from Boston.
Love them. We spent the evening talking and shut down the bar.
disney2012.7
Then Lynch and I had the brilliant idea to keep it going and poured ourselves some Jame-o as a night cap while listening to music
{pretty sure Timmy's iPad game was not played at this time... I recall a lot of Tracy Chapman (not Fast Car) on repeat}


Sunday was where the Magic began.
And the magic must be real because somehow we felt a-okay after our long night.
It was all together a wonderful day.
I love going to Magic Kingdom and getting little goose bumps when I see the castle.
disney2012.13
And it was so special to share the experience with Minnie for the first time.
disney2012.9
disney2012.14
disney2012.15
disney2012.12
Experiencing rides with Misty. HILARIOUS.
I had no idea.
She absolutely loves the roller coasters, but has a near death panic attack on each one.
disney2012.11
Post Splash Mountain. Soaked.
disney2012.10
We did all the standard rides and attractions. Including the tea cups. Way too old for that kinda stuff.
Misty's favorite: Space Mountain
You wouldn't have known from riding it with her.
We stayed for the fireworks show and Misty got to see Tinkerbell fly out of Cinderella's castle.
disney2012.30
disney2012.29
We had a pretty special Disney day.
disney2012.28


Monday was Hollywood Studios.
We took Misty straight to Tower of Terror.
disney2012.24
Bless her heart.
disney2012.27
{look at the adorable kiddo on the left gripping the mans arm. Bless his little heart too}
disney2012.25
We spent the day riding rides and enjoying the attractions.
disney2012.23
{Did I mention Disney was Misty's first 3D experience?  She thought she had picked the best seat in the house and that all the animation was going straight to her and only to her. I think we an adorable 3D fan on our hands.}
We had an early dinner at 50's Prime Time Cafe. It is set in the 50's and you get in trouble for putting your elbows on the table and not finishing your vegetables. Can you guess which one of us got in trouble for the elbows?
disney2012.21
We all ate some delish down home dishes. I had some pretty unforgettable Chicken Pot Pie and we shared a brownie dessert.
disney2012.20

We decided to have a bit of an adult evening so we headed to a chic and adorable area of Orlando to sip some vino. The Wine Room is a new wine bar concept which gives you the opportunity to try 148 wines, some by the ounce, others by the glass and half glass. We loved it. We had some delicious cheese and even competed in a little trivia game and won a bottle of wine.
disney2012.18
disney2012.19
disney2012.16
disney2012.17
When you enter the bar you put money on an ATM like card and then walk through the wine bar and sample different wines by entering your card in a slot and then pushing a button indicating what type of wine you want and how much. Misty and I were sampling from a section and there was a woman standing near us. I stuck my card in to choose my wine. However, when I pushed the button nothing happened... To me. The broad near us got a half glass of wine. Yep. I got wine robbed. I think I threatened to throw down under my breath, but I was all talk. I like to think Karma will take care of it.

That's all for Part I, but there is still more.
Misty left us on Tuesday after a few days filled with joy, laughter, and happiness. I had been looking forward to our Disney Spring Break (Misty and I have never spring breaked together) for so long, it's hard to believe its come and gone. But I have plenty of memories that bring a smile to my face and some special Disney magic to my heart.

No comments :

Post a Comment