March 7, 2011

flouride

Hi.

I'm still processing....
This whole move thing.
To another country.
And guess what...
It's happening fast.
Fast as in....
We are approaching our last week as Beaumontians. 
Residents of Beaumont, Texas. 
beaumont2
Right now it looks like our last day in "Big Money Texas" is March 11.
From their we will begin our "Tour de Love"
We will be in touch about the destinations and dates.
And I believe we will be Colombians on March 28th.

It's been an interesting week. 
Between the conversations I have had with people attempting to explain 
the idea that I am moving to another continent
and
the random things that continue to puzzle me about moving to another land.

For example, today I was at the dentist and the kind Doc
made some comment about his lack of knowledge of the flouride in the water in Colombia.

Seriously.
Like, who would have ever thought of that.
Right?
Then I started to think about the water in general.
Are we entering a country with general rules to drinking water
(I will have to get back to you on that)


And now it is several days later and I am working on finishing this post.
So expect it to be random.
As random as the title.

We are now leaving Beaumont Friday morning.
Packing a U-Haul and heading to Tennessee to unpack it and begin to soak up
all the love, laughter, and joy
we can out of family.
Then we get to continue the journey and soaking in
Chicago and Iowa.

One thing I am not looking forward to:
Leaving this love:
Photobucket
She will be in good hands.
This much we know for sure.
She will be a resident of "Good Ole' Rocky Top"
and we are looking forward to our weekly skype sessions

We are also looking forward to soaking up some bottles of this:

We totally planned on bringing the Valley with us to CO...
Then we decided we should probably look into it.
Apparently it's not really all that easy to bring alcohol into a foreign country.
Praying the Colombia has their own fine wines to offer.
Photobucket
Last weekend as Texans:
Spent in Galveston, Texas.
Mardi Gras 2011.
Fab way to go out.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Tomorrow is my last day of week.
I have quite a bit of anxiety about this whole
Good Bye
thing.
I have been really, really, really
blessed
to work with some extraordinary people
and
truly enjoy the work I do.
Now, you may be able to better comprehend my anxiety.
Pretty difficult thing to say good bye to.
But as someone just told me:
"It's not Good Bye.
It's
See Ya
Later"

See Ya'll Later.

No comments :

Post a Comment