July 14, 2015

FAQ: Pregnancy #2

While there isn't quite as many lingering questions regarding this pregnancy,
probably since we live in the United States, together,
at the same time.
But there is still those basic questions that come along with announcing you're expecting.

When are you due?

DSC_0280
Originally January 2nd... which lead to many comments about trying to make the baby come a few days early to catch that tax break.
There was a brief discussion at our first appointment about monitoring the size of the baby and possibly inducing a week early based on the unexpected size of Lauren {since babe #2 is typically larger.}
At our last ultrasound, the tech informed us we were a week farther along than we originally thought, so the due date was moved to December 26th. Following my ultrasound I discussed my new due date with the nurse who told me that the ultrasound tech cannot change the due date, only the doctor can. Since my doctor was out for the 4th of July holiday, he has not confirmed the new date. The NP I saw thought that he would likely change the date, but until then I suppose I am 'technically' due January 2.
But if you ask me, I am due December 26th.

How are you feeling?

Good, but completely different than when I was pregnant with Lauren. This go around I  felt a lot more of those first trimester symptoms that aren't so fun, the nausea, exhaustion, food aversions... I just didn't feel like myself.
While pregnant with Lauren, besides feeling tired, I felt fabulous.
While I only go sick once, that yucky feeling left me not wanting to eat, unless you offered me something in the carb family. Which is stressful in itself.
 I'm not sure whether this is a direct reflection of the different lifestyle I lived during my first pregnancy, {I had a maid and napped whenever I felt the need to} or can be simply explained by the fact that is a different pregnancy.
I guess there's always the 'boy' theory...


How's Lauren?

IMG_6746
Fabulous and still pretty clueless. We've talked about the baby in mom's tummy and her role as big sister.  We've read some books, but besides pointing to moms tummy and loving finding babies in public, she is none the wiser.
IMG_6821
She is in for a lot of changes in the coming months. Our house has two bedrooms on the main floor, one of which is ours, and the rest are upstairs. That means Lauren is losing passing on her nursery to the baby. I've been thinking about decor options and we're discussing to-do lists, but the tentative plan is to move her upstairs sometime around her 2nd birthday. We're hoping that gives her some time to adjust and work out the kinks, before the holidays and the babe's arrival breaks our routines.
DSC_0371
She loves her dolls, all things baby, and has become quite the little helper. So, while I know we're in for some bumps in the road as we all adjust to a family of 4 [+2 dogs] I am looking forward to watching her become an incredible big sister and I know this baby will be a lucky one.

Will you document this pregnancy?

Since I was a bit of an overachiever and did weekly pics the first time around, I feel as though I must do the same again. Although during my June vacay, I dropped the ball a little bit so there is a slight gap & I already feel some mom guilt & worry about some potential second child issues.

This time will you find out the gender?

IMG_7066
Yet again, it will remain a surprise.
I'm guessing boy. Feeling completely different during this pregnancy was my first clue, but when the ultrasound tech announced that she could 'see' what we were having and offered to share, I was prepared to leave and begin the hunt for a bowtie and some blue. 
But who knows..?

I was convinced Lauren was a boy.





No comments :

Post a Comment