March 28, 2014

five things

It is my goal to make at least three blog posts a week.
So far, the only reliable post is a weekly picture of Lauren.
But goals are things to work towards and consider this a step in the right direction.

{1}
It just so happened my grandparents were in the state of Texas visiting my Uncle Dan, who lives in the area. Their evenings were all booked up with previously scheduled plans, so they didn't get to see Matthew, but Lauren and I spent a lovely afternoon with them.
IMG_0015
I love watching Lauren with my grandparents.
There is something so special about it..
and it makes me smile.

{2}
We are settling right into this America thing.
We spent a wonderful weekend as a family of three plus a boxer, which included watching basketball, lunch and shopping at the Galleria, driving through surrounding areas in search of the right city/neighborhood to begin our house hunt, and of course Target.
And the craziest part of it all...
we get to do it all over again this weekend.
This whole 2-day weekend thing is pretty great.

{3}
I am still working on getting caught up as an American.
I am constantly thinking of things we need and to-do's that need to be crossed off.
We still have boxes sitting around that need to be taken to storage and random items waiting to find their home.
I am itching to get things on the walls, but heavily debating if it is worth finding the perfect arrangement of things, followed by holes in the walls, and then another move.
I think it's probably worth it...
I am not sure if my husband will agree.
However we did get a little something on the walls in Lauren's {third} nursery.
IMG_0014

{4}
At this time, both of our teams are no longer part of the Madness.
Both Tennessee and Iowa State lost tonight.
But we've had a lot of fun coordinating outfits for each game...
and by we, I mean I had a lot of fun coordinating Lauren's outfits.
I'm getting excited for football season.
IMG_0016
IMG_0017
IMG_0022

{5}
Lauren is a growing girl. I can't believe we are approaching the 6 month mark. She is a happy girl, who loves to giggle, is constantly blowing raspberries, and can be found rolling around the living room. She is a talker and likes to see how loud she can get. She still loves her dolly Lola, bouncing in her exersaucer, and her pacifier. She is working on sitting up, but she's not quite there yet.
But that's okay, because, just like everyone said, it's going too fast...
IMG_0018
her giggles slay me.
every. time.
will that ever stop?
I hope not.


No comments :

Post a Comment